How You Can Help

Explore the many ways you can help to make a difference for children and families in Rowan County.

Make a Report

If you suspect a child is being abused, it is vital that you make a report to DSS immediately. It is not important that you have absolute proof. Make the call, express your concerns, and let the professionals ensure the safety of that child.

Make a report by calling Rowan County Department of Social Services at 704-216-8499. Press 1 to connect with Intake.

You may always make a report anonymously.

If you feel there is an immediate safety concern, please call 911.

Make a Donation

Prevent Child Abuse Rowan (PCAR) always accepts donations by check, cash or credit card. We are always happy to provide a receipt for your donation for your tax purposes. PCAR is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.

To make an unrestricted donation, please make your check payable to Prevent Child Abuse Rowan and mail or deliver it to:

You may also make a donation online by clicking the button below:

To honor the memory of Erica Parsons, child victim of abuse at the hands of her adoptive parents in 2016, PCAR has created a special fund, the Erica Parsons Memorial Medical Fund, to help offset the cost of the complete physical exams we provide to each child we serve. If you would like to contribute specifically to this fund, please write the fund name in the Memo section of your check, or indicate that when making your online donation above.

Donate Items

PCAR regularly needs items that fall into two categories. For our kids, PCAR always accepts new or gently-used, clean toys and blankets with fun prints to give to each of our child clients. For the program itself, PCAR regularly needs the following:

  • Soft Drinks (Coke, Diet Coke, Cherry Coke, Cheerwine, Mt. Dew, Sprite, Diet Dr. Pepper)
  • Gift Cards (Chick-fil-A, Starbucks, Ulta, Amazon, Wal Mart, Taco Bell)
  • Potato Chips
  • Fleece blankets
  • Any size t-shirts
  • Basketballs, footballs, soccer balls, and other portable sports equipment
  • Bath & Body Works lotions and soaps or cosmetics (for teens)
  • Postage stamps
  • Juice boxes/pouches and pre-packaged snacks
  • Playdough
  • Washable markers
  • Bottled water
  • 8-1/2"×11" Printer Paper
  • Bulk paper towels and toilet tissue
  • Gas Only cards from local stations for clients
  • New toys and blankets with fun prints to give to each child that visits the Terrie Hess House (ages 0-17)


PCAR is always looking for volunteers! PCAR regularly needs individuals to provide their special skills to assist with a number of tasks including administrative help and service projects around our facility. PCAR is also looking for interested individuals to take the big step and join our Board of Directors. If you are interested in volunteering in any capacity or possibly joining our Board, please contact us by filling out the form below or by email at


Enroll in AmazonSmile

If you do a lot of online shopping through, you can contribute to PCAR easily by making the same purchases you already planned to make. For each of the qualified purchases you make (and there are tons of them), Amazon gives a portion of the sale to PCAR. Get started by clicking here or the link below. (Be sure to bookmark the new page, so you can use it in the future.)

Enroll in Goodshop

If Amazon isn't your main way of making online purchases, you can also enroll in the Goodshop online system. There are tons of ways to make the same purchases you were  already going to make while still helping PCAR. Please Click Here for detailed instructions on how to enroll.

Enroll in KidsCents (Rite Aid, Macy's, etc.)

Rite Aid has its' Wellness+ program for all purchases. Rite Aid has enhanced the program by including the new Plenti+ program. This program will allow you as a Rite Aid customer to round up each of your purchases and this change will go to support PCAR. It is a very easy way to help PCAR and its free! Please Click Here for detailed instructions on how to enroll.

Planned/Estate Giving

By including Prevent Child Abuse Rowan in your inheritance plans, you can ensure that our services will continue to support sexually abused children in our community for years to come. To learn more about planned giving options, such as including Prevent Child Abuse Rowan in your will or naming Prevent Child Abuse Rowan as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy or IRA, please call Robin Shue at 704-639-1700.