Resources & Information

Explore the many ways you can help to make a difference for children and families in Rowan County.

Make a Report

If you suspect a child is being abused, it is vital that you make a report to DSS immediately. It is not important that you have absolute proof. Make the call, express your concerns, and let the professionals ensure the safety of that child.

Make a report by calling Rowan County Department of Social Services at (704)-216-8499. Press 1 to connect with Intake.

You may always make a report anonymously.

If you feel there is an immediate safety concern, please call 911.

For comprehensive information on all available local resources, please dial 211:

Legal Resources

For questions regarding civil matters for eligible clients, please contact:

Center for Access to Justice

Legal Aid of North Carolina

Legal Services of Southern Piedmont

For referrals for local attorneys in all matters, please contact:

North Carolina Bar Association - Lawyer Referral Service
1-800-662-7660 or 919-67-8574

Health Resources

For local information on assistance with food, immunizations, and medical and dental care, please contact

Rowan County Health Department

For primary medical and dental care and access to prescription medications for eligible clients, please contact

Community Care Clinic of Rowan

For assistance with obtaining prescription medications, please contact:

Salvation Army

Housing Resources

For local information on assistance with utility disconnection, evictions, mortgage foreclosures, heating, food, clothing, and homelessness, please contact

Rowan Helping Ministries

For assistance with utility disconnection, rent, and housing loss, please contact:

Salvation Army